Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Rounded 8-Blade Diaphragm
In The Box
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens
- E-58 II 58mm Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Overview
A highly practical medium telephoto lens with superb delineation and portability. Images are sharp and clear at all apertures. Through computer simulations, the lens has been designed to give beautiful background blur. Since the front lens group does not rotate during focusing, special filter effects are not affected.
Prized for portraiture, the EF 85mm f/1.8 USM from Canon is a short-telephoto prime characterized by its slightly compressed perspective for achieving flattering results. Its bright f/1.8 maximum aperture also enables isolating subjects and working with shallow depth of field techniques, and further benefits working in low-light conditions. Helping to achieve high color fidelity and contrast, a Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements and serves to minimize reflections, lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, a ring-type USM is employed to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
- Short-telephoto, portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the front of the lens does not rotate during focusing to better permit working with polarizing and graduated filter types.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Aperture:||Maximum: f/1.8, Minimum: f/22|
|Camera mount type:||Canon EF|
|Format compatibility:||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View:||28° 30'|
|minimum focus distance:|
|Filter thread:||Front: 58 mm|
|Weight:||14.99 oz (425 g)|