Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Short normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 64mm equivalent focal length.
- Modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light, affords control over depth of field, and helps to keep the overall physical design compact and lightweight.
- Pancake form factor measures less than 1" thick for an ultra-portable, versatile design.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by a rear focus system, advanced AF algorithms, and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
In The Box
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- E-52 II Lens Cap for 52mm Lens
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Overview
A unique and indispensable addition to Canon's series of EF lenses, the new EF 40mm f/2.8 STM offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design. Incredibly compact in size, the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM delivers high image quality from the center to the periphery thanks to its advanced lens configuration including an aspherical element, a bright 2.8 aperture, and optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while providing exceptional colour balance. The EF 40mm f/2.8 STM's unobtrusive design helps the photographer avoid overwhelming their subjects with a large lens and to remain discreet in sensitive shooting situations with no compromise in performance. Its diminutive design is complemented by features such as a newly developed stepping motor for smooth and quiet AF on any Canon DSLR capable of capturing video, a circular aperture (7 blades) for beautiful soft-focus backgrounds, and a short minimum focusing distance of only 0.98 ft./0.30 m.
|Camera mount type:||Canon EF|
|Format compatibility:||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View:||57°|
|minimum focus distance:||11.81" / 30 cm|
|Filter thread:||Front: 52 mm|
|Optical design:||6 Elements in 4 Groups|